Chinese-Forums

Dave Brubeck

bhchao

Any fans of Dave Brubeck here? One of my favorite pieces is the classic Take Five, which starts off with Paul Desmond playing the saxophone, and Joe Morello taking over with the drums in the middle of the piece, and finally resumes/ends with Desmond continuing with the saxophone.

Brubeck provides the rhythmic beat on the piano non-stop.

His Blue Rondo a La Turk and Brandenburg Gate are also my favorites. The guy is old, 85 years old, but he still remains a legend in jazz history.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Brubeck is great. There is a reason his more famous tracks are used quite often in the media. ;) If you're in a chill-out mood imho some smooth Coleman Hawkins is nice as well. If you like Brubeck you should also check out songs like Herbie Hancock's version of "Summertime" or the "St. Louis Blues".

I am not and never have been a jazz fan but many years ago I shared a room at University with a big jazz fan and after two years of listening to his records (played on my stereo!!) there are three jazz songs that I now like very much: - Take Five, Unsquare Dance and Blue Rondo a la Turk.

All by Dave Brubeck of course. These are definitely my favourite jazz pieces of all time :lol:

I've even downloaded Take Five on to my iPod and dare to play it when others can here!

But as for the rest of it - no thanks :twisted:

• 3 months later...