Chinese-Forums

Connecting to the internet on ppc/setting up the wireless...

Shadowdh

Hi there all, your friendly neighbourhood ppc illiterate here...

I am having trouble connecting via wireless with my acer n50 ppc... I seem to be able to connect but then I either get a message along the lines of cannot find the page youre looking for or a bunch of boxes where words should be... I also seem to have a bunch of 0's for a mac number (which I need to connect to a uni wireless network) and the ppc is telling me that (when the wireless is off anyway) I have no driver installed... does this mean that I have to find a driver..?? and why does it seem to connect (I can connect with another uni's wireless network but then the above problem occurs) but show only squares (I have fonts fully loaded but even the english characters are squares...) any ideas or help very much appreciated...

it also does seem to synchronise with avant go... but wont log into yahoo etc... and this site all the words/letters are squares... darn new fangled invenshuns... :mrgreen: