Chinese-Forums

Housing question at BLCU

usagi217

Hey everyone,

I'm doing the semester intensive language course at BLCU from February - July. I'll be arriving in Beijing on the 17th. The letter they sent said that we can't register until the 20th but can I sigh up for housing in the dorms before that? perhaps on the day that I arrive? Also, anyone know the chances of me getting housing on campus since I'm going mid-semester like this? I'm not aiming for the conference center, just the good economy dorming with the air conditioning, fridge, private bathroom and etc...

If any of you could help I would really apprechiate it. I'm getting really nervous now about finding housing in Beijing after reading all the threads.

I wouldn't be nervous about finding housing in Beijing. The problem is that most people don't realize it's virtually impossible to book anything ahead of time. Much easier to settle once you're there. I'll repeat the advice I gave before: book yourself a hotel room for the first night you're there so you can sleep off jet lag and then get up early and find yourself a place the next day. Check a few places on-campus and off-campus and make a choice right away before someone else takes it. Oh, and check the bulletin boards on campus if you want to live in an apartment.