Chinese-Forums

Chinse Fonts

Mandariniac

Hi..

Although I downloaded and installed one chinese fonts, when I type using that fonts in Microsoft word, the words are still in English...

Could you please tell me what is till wrong?

I tried to change the language setting in control panel, I didn't find "chiense" in the list. When I tired to install the files for east asian languages, I was asked to insert "Professional XP Service Pack 2" CD...What is that? I am now in Hong Kong and left all my CDs in the States...What should I do so that I can type Chinse Traditional characters in Microsoft Word?

Please help me......

As far as I know there is nothing you can do with the computer alone in its present state. You need either that CD or an independent program. I think NJStar would work. Anyhow, go to one of the computer malls and ask for help. They may be able to lend you the missing CD. That is probably even legal, as you have it at home. Or they may sell you some other program to fix it.

You need a Windows XP CD in order to install the files required to support the Asian fonts. Find someone with an XP CD, borrow it, and then tick the "Install support for Asian languages" option or whatever it is.

After you've done that you won't need the CD any more.