Chinese-Forums

Living in Dalian - Accomodations

lost_in_china

Hello, I am new to this forum.

I am leaving for Dalian in a few weeks - I will have about a week before school starts to find an apartment -

Does anyone have incite on the rental market in Dalian?

Are places in and around the Dalian University of Foreign Languages affordable for rent - i.e. under 350 USD?

I'm starting to think i should stay in the dormitories, but i enjoy my privacy, and a little to old at 24

Cheers

Dave 8)

• 2 weeks later...

There won't be any problem finding a comfy appartment to live with your budget, however, I would recommend you stay in the Uni accommodation for the first term. Normally, they do offer studio style option if you are ready to pay for a bit of extra, which means you get the best of the both worlds: easy access to Uni living and privacy.

Overall, Dalian is a nice and pleasant place to live and study. Friendly locals, cheap sea food, and best weather, however, do not pick up the local's accent, coz it's not pleasant.

If you need any further info, just drop a line. I will be glad to be of any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dave,

I'm leaving for the same uni in a week or so now. The uni does offer single dorms at 80RMB per day. Bit pricey, but they're fully furnished & located on campus.

Moving into the city means you first need approval by the local police. It could be useful to get a single dorm initially, and then venture out when you find a place you like.

Cheers

Andrew