Chinese-Forums

情义我心知 plot points

zhwj

I just finished watching the Leon Lai - Chapman To film 情义我心知, and I have a few questions about the plot.

My version was completely unsubtitled, so I was pretty much lost in the Japanese scenes. Two were kind of key - (1) Where Chapman pays the money back to the guy on the roof, what transpired there? (2) What did the husband say to the cops after they watched the video?

Thanks. (What is it about not putting in subtitles on the discs, anyway? I had a similar experience with the Andy Lau - Sammi Cheng weight-loss movie, where the first set of scenes were in entirely in Japanese, and the VCD had no translation...is the target viewership for pop HK film heavily polyglot?)

• 1 month later...

zhwj:

What version DVD did you watch? I just watched it over the weekend and my DVD got bilingual (Mandarin & Cantonese) audio as well as Chinese and English subtitles.

Since I was dozing half of the movie, I couldn't answer your first question. But the answer to the second question is that the husband went inside to block the TV screen and screamed that "Don't watch any more. It is me who killed this bitch!"

Hey, I'd almost forgotten.

Yeah, I'd kind of guessed that for the second question, but there was enough that had me guessing in the movie that I wouldn't have been surprised if he confessed to drug dealing or something.

The version I watched was the one prepared for online viewing, and I neglected to find the subtitles....