Chinese-Forums

Business in Beijing...

ZhuJiesheng

Well, I spend the next academic year studying in china as part of my degree, but as it's a mixed degree I also have to study business in chinese as well as chinese >.< I've got a choice of universities in Beijing and I was hoping for some input from poeple as to where is a good place for business. The choices I've got are Beida, Tsinghua, Renmin, UIBE and Capital univeristy of Economics and Business.

I can only apply to 3 as it's on the chinese govt. scholarship and I'm gonna try for Beida as my 1st choice which rules out applying for Tsinghua. I've heard that Remin is a good university but I havn't found anyone with experience of the last two yet.

Any input is appreciated ^_^

I can only apply to 3 as it's on the chinese govt. scholarship and I'm gonna try for Beida as my 1st choice which rules out applying for Tsinghua.

I'm confused. If you can apply for 3, then why can't you also apply for Tsinghua?

When I attended a study-tour program at Tsinghua, I was told that their programs were actually better than Peking University's (Beida), although the latter has a better reputation. Nonetheless, you'll be spending hours each and every night glued to your books if you hope to get As and Bs. Good luck.

If you can apply for 3, then why can't you also apply for Tsinghua?

If it's anything like the UK, some Universities are very snobby. If you don't put them top of your preferred list, or put then under a "competing" university, they just reject you on principle.

for chinese instruction renda is not bad, i know some professors there and they are very professional, and most of the department heads have published their own books, i have seen the books they use at the advanced level, and they are very good. how good is your chinese? have you taken the HSK, also if you want to take business classes as well, i would look for a school that offers the best in that category.. are those going to be in chinese also?

Well I'm in my 2nd year at uni so my chinese is ok, I can do most of the day to day stuff but I can't hold many in-depth conversations yet. I havn't taken the hsk as our uni doesn't look at it. The business lectures will be in chinese as well, but I don't know whether BEIU or capital is better for business so I'm not sure which of those to go for.