Chinese-Forums

University of International Relations through ISC

lau27d

Hi,

I just signed up for 1 semester (Feb 23 - July 7) at the University of International Relations (UIR) through the International Student's Center (ISC). I was unable to sign up for BLCU and they only had open slots at UIR.

Has anyone here attended UIR before? I just more information on how the school is. I am staying in the Beijing Foreign Students Activity Center.

Also has anyone gone with the ISC to enroll in these two colleges? I was told that UIR students and BLCU students dormed in the same building.

Last but not least. How far is UIR from the BFSAC and or BLCU? I couldn't find much info on this. Please let me know. Thank you for your time.

• 2 months later...

Hi Lau27d, hope you're enjoying your stay in Beijing... and particularly your studies, since I sort of have a vested interest there :-)

Are you at UIR as you mentioned in your post? If so, please let me know what you think of the school. I'm considering it since it has a flexible schedule option, is lots cheaper than many of the other programs, and has an English website that allows me to have an idea of what I'm paying for.

Currently, I'm thinking of signing up with Tsinghua via PRC Study for 4-weeks as a total beginner. However, if I do the tuition only and try to arrange for my own room, it's still very expensive compared to UIR. I guess I'd be willing to pay for it, if I thought I'd get my money's worth. However, I do wonder!

Additionally, I don't care about the "extras" such as welcome banquets and guided tours. On the money I save, I can do my own.

I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers!