Chinese-Forums

Karsts in Fujian?

malinuo

In the seventies I think I saw both paintings and photographs of Chinese karst mountains very similar to the well-known ones around Guilin, but those pictures were from Fujian - perhaps along the coast in Fujian, because I seem to remember water as well.

I have recently looked around for information about that kind of mountains in Fujian, but the closest thing I have found are the Wuyi mountains, 武夷山, and they frankly don't look like the pictures I think I remember.

Does anyone know if there are such things, or if my memories simply have been deformed by time?

If it is not Wuyishan it could be 冠豸山 (Guanzhai Shan or Guanzai? Shan) near Liancheng city. There is some very basic information about it on my Fujian website, but unfortunately I don't have a photo of it.

If it is not there it could be 桃源洞 (Taoyuan Cave) near Yong'an or probably anyone of a number of places in Fujian Province.

Searching the web for those names sure brought up a lot of nice photos. Thanks for the hints!

There is nothing that really rings any memory bells very loud, but it is possible that both of those places and 武夷山 as well have inspired some paintings I saw accompanied by one or two pictures that blew my mind at the time. I'll keep it in mind before my next trip.