Chinese-Forums

Moving to China

Guest merlion

Dear Friends

I would like to move to China and start a new life there. Any one can help or with suggestion? I want to move there as soon as possible.

Used to work as a management staff in the financial area.

I need people to help me in getting me a job, place to stay, etc.

Hope all of you can offer me some suggestions.

Wishing all of you a Happy Lunar New Year! :D

Regards

Sam

Nobody else wants to take a stab at this one?

Try contacting the headhunting firms in Hong Kong that place expatriates in China positions. An experienced Singapore Chinese manager should have little problem finding an employment package that includes housing.

A few companies? When I lived in Hong Kong I had compiled a list of the top 20 local headhunting firms that frequently fill positions in China. That was almost 10 years ago and I used to get many free lunch invitations from eager job seekers seeking to get their hands on that list. Now many of those headhunting firms have branches in Shanghai and Beijing and it may even be possible to locate their web sites on the Internet.

Good jobs open up on the mainland all of the time. You have to challenge yourself to find at least two new opportunities every day.

Yes, job searches can be very tiring but I wouldn't use the word "devastating" just because a few companies have not responded yet. Leave no stone unturned and try to ensure that you have identified every China placement headhunting firm in Hong Kong and every China job search site on the Internet. When you have convinced yourself that you have exhausted all possibilities and still get not one response, then you can say it's truly "devastating" and settle for a toll booth collecting position in JB.

Good luck!