Chinese-Forums

學習: Mandarin Podcast transposed (to be translated)

necroflux

Link to Podcast

The above .mp3 is a random Mandarin podcast I found that for the most part keeps things pretty simple for beginning to intermediate learners. I thought it would be good practice to get the podcast into written form and subsequently translate it, and as you can see I need a bit of help. Translations are in green, and any characters in blue are those which I had mistaken, omitted, etc. in the original draft.

Here is what I've got so far:

你好, 歡迎收聽Learning Mandarin Podcast. 今天是十二月二十二號, 我是April. 這個Podcast 將是今年最後一個, 聖誕節和新年馬上就要來了. 在這個時候, 我想祝大家 a Very merry christmas and happy new year, 用中文就是聖誕快樂, 新年快樂.

Hello, welcome to "Learning Mandarin Podcast". Today is December 22, this is April. This Podcast will be this years last, Christmas and New Years Day are upon us. At this time, I'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, in Chinese that's "聖誕快樂, 新年快樂".

我想回顧一下二零零五年. 我們真的是有非常真的是豐富多彩的一年, 從一開始, Maya和小百和幫忙組織了很多非常非常精彩的動. 我們 - 我記得我們看了一個電影是功夫, 周星馳的功夫, 非常有意思的電影. 去了旺角, 買東西, 還有吃午飯等等.

xinsrc_03201021909381151200329.jpg I would like to look back for a moment at 2005. We have had an extremely rich and colorful year. From the beginning, Maya and 小白 helped organize many brilliant activities. We - I remember we watched a movie, a 周星馳 (person, shown at left) kung-fu movie, a very interesting movie. We went to 旺角 (market?), bought some things, and ate lunch, etc.

後來Whinnie和Tim幫忙組織了很多非常非常精彩的活動.我們在酒吧喝酒拍賣還有去酒吧爬山, 還有對於我自己來說, 我的的versions of textbooks intro levels A, B and basic level A were published. 所以他們現在有了很多很漂亮的圖畫, 還有更清楚的解釋,我覺得現在它們真的是不錯的書.

Later Whinnie and Tim helped organize many very, very brilliant exercises. We were at a bar drinking (auction?) and went bar (mountain climb?), and as for me my new versions of textbooks intro levels A, B and basic level A were published. So they now have got many very beautiful drawings, and furthermore more clear explanations. Right now I feel like the books really aren't too bad.

再有一個就是今年六月我們搬了家,搬到一個更大的地方去了, 而且這個新 的地方有一個非常好聽的名字叫Fortune House , 中文是福大廈.幸福的福,興旺的興所以真的是有很多很多好運氣的地方. 所以今年我們也有足夠大地方可以放一個真的夠大的聖誕樹而且裝飾得很漂亮. 還有, 每個人看到之後哇都說 “哇!很漂亮很漂亮聖誕樹." 而且照了很多照片.

We moved again this year in the first of June, we moved into an ever bigger place. Moreover this new place has a very very beautiful name - "Fortune House" - in Chinese this is 福興大廈.(From this name), 福 is from 幸福 (blessed), and 興 is from 興旺 (prosperous) - so wow, what a very very lucky place. So this year wo also had a big enough place to be able to put a rather large christmas tree, which was also decorated beautifully. (Furthermore) Everyone that saw the tree (thereafter) said "Wow! What a beautiful, beautiful Christmas tree!" and took many pictures.

所以在這一年我們收到了非常非常非常巨大的支持,還有非常, 非常好的建議. 所以謝謝你們, 而且繼續繼續來so thank you all for all of the wonderful suggestions and the support, and keep coming.

So in this year we have received very, very immense support, and very, very good suggestions. So thank you all, and keep them coming! (Repeated in English.)

所以今天我還想要再說的就是二零零六年我們會做什麼. 我想我們會繼續完成Mandarin Express Publications. 還有更重要的一點就是 多做更多的一些非常好的非常的實用的listening exercises, 然後把它們放在我們的網站上. 而且, 我們還要繼續組織和安排學生的活動. 給你提供一個場所一個機會能夠練習你學的普通話. 能夠和我們的學生和其他的學生和學生的朋友一起來練習. 而且也是一個很好的機會能夠認識各行各業不同領域的一些人士精英.

So today I also want to talk about what we are going to do in 2006. I think we will continue finishing Mandarin Express Publications. (Furthermore) More significantly (we want) to make more great, practical listening exercises, then (take them and) put them on our Web site. We also want to continue to organize and arrange the student exercises, and give you a place (for the opportunity) to review your Mandarin studies. Our students, other students, and students' friends can come to study together. This is also a good opportunity to (be able to) get acquainted with all kinds of people from different walks of life.

如果你有什麼好的建議, 請你告訴我. It's always great for me to hear from you. Let me know your great ideas. 所以你的好主意將會是我們的活動越來越豐富多彩. You can find our email address and our Web site www.msllearningcenter.com. 或者Post your comments in the block. 所以謝謝你們. 最後讓我說聖誕快樂, 新年快樂. 明年見!

If you have any good suggestions, please tell me. (Repeated in English). So your good ideas are what make our activities more and more rich and colorful. You can find our email address and our Web site www.msllearningcenter.com. Or Post your comments in the block. So thank you all, and finally let me say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! See you next year.

-------------------------------------------

Learning Chinese is to instant gratification AS

Banging one's head on a wall is to a medical breakthrough

Third paragraph:

1) David and Melanie?

2) Place name, not sure

3) 清楚的解释

4) 搬了家,搬到。。。 (Moved house, moved to . . .)

Fourth Paragraph:

1) 幸福的福,兴旺的兴 - she's specifying the characters in the building name. Note this means you need to go back and change them (assuming I got them right!)

2) 装饰的- to decorate

3) 巨大的支持 - enormous support

4) 继续来 - keep coming

Fifth Paragraph

1) 一点就是

2) 放在我们的网站上 - put them on our website

3) 给你提供 - provide you with

4) 能够

5) 能够

6) 各行各业不同领域一些人士精英  - people from different walks of life.

I did that pretty quickly, but should be ok.

你好, 歡迎收聽Learning Mandarin Podcast 今天是十二月二十二號, 我是April. 這個Podcast 將是今年最後一個, 聖誕節和新年馬上就要來了.

在這個時候, 我想祝大家 a Very merry christmas and happy new year, 用中文就是聖誕快樂, 新年快樂. 我想回顧一下二零零五年我們真的是有非常真的是豐富多一年, 從一開始, 賣亞和小百和幫忙組織了很多非常非常精彩的活動, 我們 - 我記得我們看了一個電影是功夫, 周星馳的功夫, 非常有意思的電影. 去了旺角(wang4 jiao3?), 買東西, 還有吃午飯等等.

後來Winnie and Tim???幫忙組織了很多非常非常精彩的活動我們在酒吧喝酒拍賣,還有去石澳爬山 還有對我自己來說, 我的的versions of textbooks intro levels A, B and basic level A were published. 所以他們現在有了很多很漂亮的圖畫, 還有更清楚的解釋我覺得現在它們真的是不錯的書. 再有一個就是今年六月我們搬了家搬到一個更大的地方去了, 而且這個新 的地方有一個非常好聽的名字叫Fortune House , 中文是福興大廈.

幸福的福, 興旺的興??? 興旺的??所以wow!真的是有很多很多好運氣的地方. 所以今年我們也有足夠大地方可以放一個真的夠大的聖誕樹而且裝飾得很漂亮. 每個人看到的時候都說 “wow! 很漂亮很漂亮” 聖誕樹而且照了很多照片. 所以在這一年我們收到了非常非常巨大的支持還有非常, 非常好的建議. 所以謝謝你們, 而且繼續 so thank you all for all of the wonderful suggestions and the support, and keep coming. 所以今天我還想要再說的就是二零零六年我們會做什麼.

我想我們會繼續完成Mandarin Express Publications還有更重要的ㄧ點就是, 多做更多的一些非常好的非常的實用的listening exercises, 然後把它們放在我們的網站上. 而且, 我們還要繼續組織和安排學生的活動. 提供[/color一個場所一個機會能夠練習你學的普通話. 能夠和我們的學生其他的學生和學生的朋友一起來練習. 而且也是一個很好的機會能夠認識各行各業不同領域的ㄧ些人士菁英

Hope it helps!:)

你好, 歡迎收聽Learning Mandarin Podcast 今天是十二月二十二號, 我是April. 這個Podcast 將是今年最後一個, 聖誕節和新年馬上就要來了.

在這個時候, 我想祝大家 a Very merry christmas and happy new year, 用中文就是聖誕快樂, 新年快樂. 我想回顧一下二零零五年我們真的是有非常真的是豐富多彩的一年, 從一開始, MaYa和小百和幫忙組織了很多非常非常精彩的動, 我們 - 我記得我們看了一個電影是功夫, 周星馳的功夫, 非常有意思的電影. 去了旺角,買東西, 還有吃午飯等等.

後來xx和Tim幫忙組織了很多非常非常精彩的活動我們在酒吧喝酒拍賣還有去石澳爬山, 還有對我自己來說, 我的的versions of textbooks intro levels A, B and basic level A were published. 所以他們現在有了很多很漂亮的圖畫, 還有更清楚的解釋我覺得現在它們真的是不錯的書. 再有一個就是今年六月我們搬了家,搬到一個更大的地方去了, 而且這個新 的地方有一個非常好聽的名字叫Fortune House , 中文是福大廈.

幸福的福,興旺的興所以!真的是有很多很多好運氣的地方. 所以今年我們也有足夠大地方可以放一個真的夠大的聖誕樹而且裝飾得很漂亮. 還有,每個人看到之後都說 “! 很漂亮很漂亮聖誕樹。“而且照了很多照片. 所以在這一年我們收到了非常非常非常巨大的支持,還有非常, 非常好的建議. 所以謝謝你們, 而且繼續繼續來so thank you all for all of the wonderful suggestions and the support, and keep coming. 所以今天我還想要再說的就是二零零六年我們會做什麼.

我想我們會繼續完成Mandarin Express Publications還有更重要的一點就是, 多做更多的一些非常好的非常實用的listening exercises, 然後把它們放在網站上。而且, 我們還要繼續組織和安排學生的活動. 提供一個場所一個機會能夠練習你學大的普通話. 能夠和我們的學生其他的學生和學生的朋友一起來練習. 而且也是一個很好的機會能夠認識各行各業不同領域的一些人士精英.

如果........................................

April's got a very nice, clear voice. 他的发音也很标准。I wonder if she'd occasionally post podcasts like this (in addtition to her interviews with learners).

By the way, in the place of : "繼續繼續來so thank you all for all of the wonderful suggestions..."

I think it should be: "继续遇继续来so thank you all for all of the wonderful suggestions..."

Also, Quest has changed the correct 能夠練習你學到的普通話 (near the end of the the talk) into 能夠練習你學大的普通話, which is not correct. This is an oversight caused by the "coppy & paste" process, isn't it?

By the way, in the place of : "繼續繼續來so thank you all for all of the wonderful suggestions..."

I think it should be: "继续遇继续来so thank you all for all of the wonderful suggestions..."

No, she just repeated it because she wasn't sure what to say next the first time she said 繼續.

Also, Quest has changed the correct 能夠練習你學到的普通話 (near the end of the the talk) into 能夠練習你學大的普通話, which is not correct. This is an oversight caused by the "coppy & paste" process, isn't it?

I did not change it, it's in the OP's translation, but nice catch :)