思量舊時樹

今年發花否

賦詩問佳人

伊只笑我痴

春到花艷紅

夏至棉絮飛

本乃自然事

年年復年年

It does not follow any poem-making rules (as I don't know them). But despite all its faults, I am quite pleased with it. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the response.

I've sent the poem to my friends and they without exception very politely said it was a nice attempt. One friend said the ending was abrupt, which I don't agree (the ending is not good, but it is not abrupt). The friend mentioned in the poem said, "That's interesting but I would suggest you give an alternative ending, i.e. what does the regularity or "faithfulness" of nature means to you?"

So I have come up with an alternative ending -

南國春晚來

木棉獨長葉

思量舊時樹

今年發花否

賦詩問佳人

伊只笑我痴

春到花艷紅

夏至棉絮飛

本非從人願

背信又如何

The 信 of course refers to 花信.

I myself think the the poem is immature and definitely lacks depth. And it is not accurate as a record of the conversation concerned. I don't hope to become anything near Su Shi and the likes, but wish that perhaps one day I could come up with something as vivid as 山似相思久,推窗撲面來. :mrgreen:

Skylee, nice poem. personally I like the first ending better, because it has left much room for people to think and to taste. Especially, this '年年复年年', it could refer to the flower, also your qualm. Very nice indeed. Anyway, its just my personal opinion.