Chinese-Forums

Chinese Proficiency Test

L-F-J

I just came up with an idea and wonder if anyone has found such a thing online? I've studied on my own with friends for a few years now and wonder if there is a way to test my proficiency level to see where I am. I guess it would work kind of like an IQ test or something. Anyone know of any such thing online? Thanks!

Probably the best thing to do is to download one of the sample HSK papers - maybe you could get a bunch of people on here to do so and compare your scores. It's not really 'online' though.

There are a few possible candidates provided by Chinese schools, such as this one, but I'm not sure how great they are.

I noticed the same thing. In fact, I did another short test I found somewhere that was in pinyin and one question actually had incorrect pinyin in it. Maybe I did this character test wrong or something because I answered most of them correctly but at the end it said "you know approximately 0 characters" :mrgreen:

• 9 months later...

The Chinese Character Test on the Clavis Sinica site now also provides average scores for past test-takers at various levels of study. You can see what the typical scores are on this test for students at each level to get a sense of how you compare and how long it might take to reach your own goals. Note that the past scores information is displayed only after you complete the test and submit your own score.