Chinese-Forums

Zhantai

roddy

roddy, i haven't seen it yet, but want to very much, along with his other films. is it readily available in china on dvd? what about subtitles? PAL or NTSC; region code? how long is the film in the version available in china? i know the original version that appeared early on the film festival circuit was something like 180-200 minutes and was cut to 150 minutes later on as it continued along the festival circuit. this is the version that was released in the UK on dvd.

It's readily available right near my flat, but that's the best DVD shopping street in Beijing (as far as I know, would love to hear of others). Subtitles are only Japanese and Chinese (which is why I can't watch it all in one go). I have no idea about PAL/NTSC and it cost 8Y so I'm guessing its not region-coded either. 2 and a half hours long.

Roddy

• 1 month later...

Finally finished watching this. As I said above, it's very good, but LONG - I really think some of the long shots of deserts and walls could have been trimmed out without ruining the film.

Roddy

• 2 weeks later...

on a whim i bought the new u.s. release of unknown pleasures the other night when i went to borders for a capuccino. i know i could have bought it for less online (and even less in china), but it was one of those impulse buys. oh well.

hey, Roddy, sorry to go off-top and ask a personal question, but do you go to PKU (or used to go there)? For some reason I have this weird feeling that I've met you before...

haha, and niubi - i've chatted with you on ICQ about your shoutcast radio ;)