Chinese-Forums

Slideshow to Go

dalaowai

I just got a Tungsten T5 and loaded DataViz Documents to go.

I can view Chinese word docs without any problems, but I recently spent hours making flashcards in Powerpoint, only to find that I cannot view Chinese characters in Slideshow to Go. Instead of characters, they're displayed as small boxes.

I'm also unable to view certain pinyin; it will not show up on certain letters (i.e. a, i)

Anyone have a workaround for this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yup, got CJKOS installed. I can view Chinese characters in other programs no prob.

I tried switching the OS to Chinese and I can't view the Powerpoint presentation.

I also tried converting the Native Powerpoint format to Slideshow to Go format and the Chinese characters appear as question marks.

I've played around with encoding and using different fonts in Powerpoint with no luck.

Has anyone been able to view powerpoint files successfully on the Palm Tungsten T5.

Thanks for your reply Roddy! I will play around with more encoding and hopefully find something.