Chinese-Forums

Tang Chao

Vellu

The last time i heard from these guys were some rumours about them recording a single with Scream records, but it's been a while and haven't seen that single yet .. Does anyone know what Tang dynasty is up to these days? Hopefully at least something :)

And, what about Chunqiu (Spring & autumn)? I'd sure like to hear some of Kaiser and friends' new stuff... is there any?

i don't know about any recording of spring&autumn, however they will be playing at the first kunming international music festival in a couple of weeks from now. i think tang dynasty performs now and then, but like you, i have not heard much about what's going on with them.

Heya folks. William, I'm guessing? For an update on Chunqiu: Our original drummer Ou Jianyun left the band to go back home to Kunming in September 2003. Couldn't face the prospect of another winter in Beijing! We were joined that same month by former Tangguo Qiang (Honeygun) drummer Diao Lei, who learned most of our material in time to play my wedding on October 12. Since then it's been the usual gigs at the usual places - chiefly Hao Yun (Get Lucky), but more recently a new live house called Wuming Gaodi in Yayuncun. We're playing at the Kunming 'International' Music Festival on the 13th or 14th of this month, and may have some other shows down that way in the days after. We've got a number of not-so-great recordings that I'll eventually make available in MP3 format when I get around to putting up a website. For now, check my Livejournal blog for occasional updates and leave me a note if you want to get on the mailing list for shows. www.livejournal.com/users/kaizor

hiya kaiser. yeah, its william. and yes, i would like to be on your mailing list. wish i was in kunming for your show and the rest of the festival - hell i wish i was in china for that matter. i have a 24/7 shoutcast of non-stop chinese rock (and a little bit of pop) and would love to play some chunqiu mp3s (and finally hear your guys myself - something i've wanted to do for quite some time). i only heard some snippets from the snow mountain film festival when i was in kunming in september 2002.

talk about winter! holy shit. we had 2 feet of snow in the past two weeks and they are talking about another 8-12 inches in the next day or two! kunming is sounding really good right now - not to mention that i am dying for kunming food (made mi xian this past weekend).

Welcome Kaiser. Cool to have you here 8) About the drummer change, I've never heard Ou Jianyun play, but after listening to some mp3s by Honeygun, I have to say I was pretty impressed by Diao Lei's drumming... Would be cool if you can manage with the mp3s. Can't wait 8) As a student living here in Helsinki, for the time being all I can do is hope I have the chance to hear these stuff online.. For me, at the moment, actually hearing these bands live is somewhat a distant dream, but Beijing is where I'm going sooner or later...

• 3 weeks later...

3月6日(周六)摇滚之夜

乐队:【唐朝】乐队

谢天笑与【冷血动物】乐队专

票价:80元(门票含酒水)

时间:2004年3月6日(周六)晚9:30点开始

另外:周一到周四新豪运也都有精彩的乐队演出。

地点:新豪运酒吧

咨询电话:(010)84483335、84483339

新豪运地址:北京市朝阳区女人街莱太花街东方七彩大世界甲1号