Chinese-Forums

Let's meet! March '06

lizbitz

Going to BLCU in March (or are already there)? Would you like to meet up somewhere for a drink or coffee? I don't fly into Beijing until the 28th, so if anyone is interested please contact me Lizbitz67@gmail (dot) com or post here...

Ni hao, Liz.

Thank you for your offer. I'll like to do that, in fact, I would like to join with you and others for a cup of tea in the Beijing afternoon, but I am still in college in America. It'll end in May, thus BLCU in Sept. Someday I guess... but now, I can not.

Zhu ni,

Doug

你好 Xiaojiang216,

Perhaps I made a mistake with the usage of this word at the end of the letter: 祝zhù 你nǐ. I believe the correct meaning now is: 祝zhù 好hǎo can be applied to the usage at the end of a letter. 你是正确的, 我错误。:wall

祝好,

小杜

Doug Du, that makes more sense! :)

But don't be discouraged, for that it a very tiny 错误.

I am very discouraged that my improvements in my reading and writing skills aren't improving. It discourages me to the point where I just don't want to work on it. So it hurts me even more in the end. Does anyone have any useful methods? (Sorry, this is off-topic)

Hello again Xiaojiang216,

My listening and reading are far more superior than my writing and talking. I remembered my techniques on memorizing writing. I focused on one chinese character and remembered each correct stroke. Moreover, I wrote the character countless times until my notebook paper was covered in scribbles, from top to bottom, smudged in graphite. But now when I review my smudged papers filled with scribbles, I do not remember them. Please do not feel discouraged, one of my techniques I've been doing recently was I've watched chinese TV and read the dialogues and listened to many chinese songs to understand the lyrics. Perhaps I am too self-absorbed with my listening and reading that I'm having difficulties reading what I wrote and saying them as I read.

Perhaps my paragraph above could come into some use.

From,

Doug