Chinese-Forums

Could you please tell me how to download CNN student news and such media?

chenpv

Hey guys! I always come across some excellent media on the internet that I would like to have a copy. But the original URL seems to be protected. Take CNN student news for example, it really suffers if I view it online with the anchor speaking like ' We....lcooo. me tttttttttto .... day ...... ewww ins....ta ... ment .....'. I heard there is a way to decode the original URL somewhere, but, I have to confess I know little about these IT things. So does anyone happen to know how to download these media? Please please elucidate it. I appreciate it very much!:help :help :help :help

Hi chenpv,

You may try emule 輕鬆聽懂CNN.

我的經驗是把隨身聽插在電視的接孔上錄CNN, 然後再到它的網頁上去讀transcript,反覆的聽, 聽力真的進步很多.可是我這是土法煉鋼就是了.CNN網路現在都要付費. 對於網路的新玩意我是沒辦法幫忙. 只是提供你我ㄧ個比較笨的方法. 但, 重點是我只要聽的到, 可以反覆聽就可以了.

hope it helps!:)

Could it be that it's streaming media, but your connection's slow? Maybe a 'download manager' like nettransport would let you save the file to disk before playing it - which would take a while, but would might eliminate the problems if they're due to connection speed....

I see that CNN uses Windows Media Player to stream its video. So this SDP program might do the trick.

http://sdp.ppona.com/

SDP or the Streaming Download Project is a small dedicated team of independent software coders. We are a nonprofit team with only one goal - understanding (and documenting) MMS fully. Our resulting implementation of our MMS document has lead to the development of a MMS streaming receiver for windows media streaming. So now, not only can you view the streaming media in preview mode, SDP receiver downloads (or copies) the stream to your hard disk. This cannot be achieved with a standard Windows Media player.