Chinese-Forums

Measurement units in Chinese

Learner

The following website may be useful to those who deal with measurements:

http://www.cofc.edu/~frysingj/SI_chinese.htm

To Roddy:

I should probably have put this in the Links section, but wasn't sure where it should go: Useful Websites? Resources and Materials?

Incidentally, should a link such as this one go only into the Links section, or should it also be announced in a regular forum (such as this one)?

Learner

The first thing you should do is not include messages to me in general posts, as there's no guarantee I'll see them, and there's no reason to make everyone read something intended for me. There's a sub-forums for queries, or you could send a private message or an email.

I would put it in Resources, as I see the websites section as being for more extensive / frequently updated sites, rather than single pages with useful info. The links section's categories aren't really very good, I know. (Anyone want to be a link directory admin?)

As for whether it deserves it's own post, I don't know. I would at least prefer to see a bit of time going into writing up an explanation of what it is or some queries. However, I'm not going to worry too much if you don't.