Chinese-Forums

Best Chinese TTS, Chinese Text to Speech

carlo

Hey,

Just let you know. Penpiower Chinese Expert is using human-like TTS from Industrial Technology Research Institute in Taiwan. If you don't mind speak with Taiwanese accent.

This new TTS is released last year and is male sound only. You also can adjust speaking speed depending on your Chinese level. In addition, it is easy to adjust 多音字/破音字 by your own if you know his pronunciation is not quite right such as "不"要,"不"可. Normally, this kind of technology is based on phrase, and it will show the right pronunciation without adjusting because it has complete phrase database behind to check the right pronunciation. That means if you past the whole sentence or article, it is wise enough to do segmentation and speak correctly.

It is free trial.

http://www.penpowerinc.com/5_0service/5_1_2_03download_pce.html

maybe u can try the new free TTS website www.textvoz.com, u can adjust the speech speech and download the speech mp3 file as u like, it has about 2,0000 chars limit but enough for one article.

ps: textvoz has Chinese,Japanese,Korean,English,French,German and Spanish total seven voices for TTS.

Admin Note 29/04/2012: Link disabled, the TextVoz site no longer exists, and is now a parked domain for advertising

• 1 month later...

Roddy,

I see there's a newer version of your Voice Book application. So, what does it cost, and how good is it really? Could you post a short audio? Can it do Classical Chinese (poems, etc). Is there a way to feed it accented pinyin?)

No idea, I lost that app when I had to do a hard reset (it was one of a bunch of apps the guy I'd bought it from put on as a bonus, not part of the OS) of my phone. TTS isn't something I use myself anyway, so don't miss it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm hoping someone can suggest an online tool that matches this description:

I need a tool that will take a block of written Chinese and read it out loud. My problem right now is that while I speak Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), I don't read it at all, and rather than rely on a translation tool like babelfish, I figure if I can just listen to the article in spoken form, I can get the gist of it.

Does such a tool exist?

Thanks in advance!

- Kent

• 1 month later...

hello,

I have used nextspeach and other tools. So far, the best I have see is a software from Linguatec at http://www.linguatec.de/products/tts/voice_reader. The Home version is not available for donwload, but if you contact them they will send you the CD.

the voice sounds much more natural than others I have seen (at least for the price range, which is about 50EUR).

sometimes the software hangs, but I am not sure if it is a motherboard compatibility or just a bug..but worth buying it I think

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...