Chinese-Forums

PRC Study Academy - Beijing - Query

Barb in Maryland

The problem is knowing where to begin, I have listed three of the many reasons I term her nightmare

1. Would be surprised if she is certified Bi-polar - one minute she's 'little miss sunshine' the next 'dragon lady from the depths of hell' shouting at both teachers and students and on three seperate occassions entered the classroom to say that she is closing the coimpany and everyone should go home!!

2. Will always ask the students do do work for her, says she will pay, agrees a rate and then doesn't pay in full or not at all

3. Will complete rip people off on the apartments, and the trips (if your friends want to come). Eg. Paid 3000RMB for a very small and relatively unkempt 1 bed flat about 200m from the school. Managed to find my own place, large, clean 2 bed flat 3,600RMB about 600m from the school. Found out that she is paying a lot less than half to the landlord. When I said I'd like to move, took me best part of a month to see any money. She said that the landlord gets paid for the year upfront...was BS.

The trips generally would cost about 50RMB per person (on average), dependiong what you pay for you may get these for free, can invite your friends but, when i was there, thhey were being charged 200RMB upwards.

No Problem. Glad to help. Don't want to sound like an advert but, I have a friend who I met whilst over here, nice chap, trying to set up a language school. His basic idea is for the short-medium term visitor and is focused on speaking and getting by quickly rather than concentrating on Reading and Writing. Haven't got his details to hand, but will let anyone know if they're interested...based in Beijing down the road from BLCU, BeiDa and Tsinghua.

Hope you all enjoy your courses!