Chinese-Forums

Palm TT5 - File transfer problems

randall_flagg

This is really frustrating! I thought I had it all figured out, but I don’t…. Perhaps someone out there can help me?

I can’t for the life of me transfer Microsoft Word files to my PDA (Tungsten T5) that exceed the length of about 2 pages. I get a “fatal alert” message and have to do a soft reset. This happens when I open the file as “native Word document”. The crash occurs always at the same instant: when about 90% of the opening are completed. It does open when I turn it into “Word To Go file”, but my Word To Go just can’t display Chinese characters, all it gives me are little question marks. Frustrating!!! So I have to either cut down all lengthy documents into individual files of 2 pages – or print everything out. How bad is that?

I can’t open lengthier files that are in English, either. What’s wrong?

Oh, yeah – I’ve tried both: putting the files on my SD-card and then just opening them or transferring the files via the Hot Sync function. Both generate the same, oh so annoying error. I WANT this to work! Now!

Anyone?

Thanks.

The Palm T5 is flakey-flakey! Just chuck it out of the window.

I used to have one and a couple classmates have them and there are many similar issues with it. I spent countless hours trying to fix all the bugs and decided that chucking it out would relieve stress and give me more time to study!

I've heard that the PocketPCs are much more stable and I would recommend selling your Palm to an unsuspecting victim.

Trust me, it saved me a lot of headaches getting rid of that thing.