Chinese-Forums

CSC Chinese Government Scholarship

crow610

I am in the process of applying for the Chiense Government Scholarship and was wondering what the chances are of getting accepted. I intend to go either to BNU or BLCU for a year to study Chinese. Prior to going to China, I will have a BS in computer science and minor in Chinese Studies.

Thanks in advance

depends on how many other people are applying.

i applied to the scholarship back home, there were 5 scholarships in total, and i guess only around 15 people applying. in this case, getting a chinese government scholarship was easy.

but anyway, SOMEONE gets the money, why couldn't it be you this time?

good luck!

Thanks for the info :clap

It seems that they require a medical exam as part of the application, however I can't get one until the end of the month when the application is due. I hope this doesn't cause them to disregard my application.

My other question is related to the applicants goal in China. They are specific on how much you write if you are applying for undergrad, grad and PHD program but not for a language program. Is it necessary for me to go into grave detail why I want to study Chinese or is a few sentances enought?

Thanks for you help

Adam

i'm afraid medical record could be important. find out will they accept your application without it or not, before you go through all the "mafan" of filling in the form and getting recommendation letters.

as to the length of "why do i want the scholarship" text, i don't remember how long was mine. i guess length does not matter as long as you make it sound good and convincing.

• 2 weeks later...

hi crow610

i'm also planning on going to Beijing this sept and trying to decide between BNU and BLCU...

I was wondering about the scholarships....where can I find the information on these scholarships and where to submit them to? When is the deadline? end of april?

I want to apply as well as it will help me out...

Also, what have you heard about the advantages/disadvantages of going to BNU versus BLCU?

Thanks!

http://www.csc.edu.cn/en/admin/readarticle.asp?articleid=538

Website says that application is due April 29th.

If you want to get some comparisons between BNU and BLCU I would search the forum for that topic. Lots of people have given their input on the pros and cons of both schools. I am going to apply to both then decide before I go which one I will attend.

crow610

Thanks for the link...a few questions:

1.) as a chinese language student....I would still need the 2 letters of reference correct? They don't say much about what they expect on these letters of recommendation.

2.) What's the "Guarantor in charge of my case?" Can it just be somebody i know in Beijing?

3.) The Foreigner Physical Examination form...where and how do I obtain it? printed by the chinese quarantine authority?

thanks!

carman

• 8 months later...

Can anyone elaborate who the guarantor in China is? I've spoken to CSC and Beishida people and they have said "oh the US Embassy." Called the US Embassy, spoke to some local hire who said he called CSC and they told him the Department of Education has to reccomend me...