Chinese-Forums

RSS and IE7

adrianlondon

Hi,

I have recently switched (back) from Firefox to IE7, just to experiment with the new IE7 beta. However, when trying to use RSS on this site, I get ...

This feed contains a DTD (Document Type Definition). DTDs are used to define a structure of a webpage. Internet Explorer does not support DTDs in feeds.

Just thought I'd let you know; I'm probably the only person here using IE7.

Maybe I should start a thread called, exactly, "This feed contains a DTD (Document Type Definition). DTDs are used to define a structure of a webpage. Internet Explorer does not support DTDs in feeds." just so I can say the same :-)

Hi Roddy, I now get a different error, but this points to my installation rather than this website. I'll have a look to see if the file it's moaning about exists but it could be due to IE7 still being in beta. It has other bugs, so it wouldn't suprise me.

"Internet Explorer requires you to have MSXML3 SP5 or greater in order to view feeds.Download the latest version of MSXML3 to solve this issue."

Bloody windows and its propensity for requiring a reboot after every change.

Anyway, I patched the XML parser and now get the following error. Means nothing to me :)

An invalid character was found in text content.

Line: 38 Character: 45

• 1 month later...

Loads of discussion elswehere on the net about that. if you want to discuss it here, it's probably neater to start a new thread. I'm full of opinions, so will post to it :)

There isn't much of a difference in browser amenities and such between IE7 and Firefox, but the one thing I've noticed about IE7 is that all the colors seem a little bit brighter, whites especially. I used Firefox for about a year and a half before even thinking about trying IE again, until I heard they were adding tabs. That's what got me to try it, and so far I kinda like it.