Chinese-Forums

Upgrade

roddy

Just had an hour or two of downtime while I upgraded to the latest version of Vbulletin. This shouldn't have any major effect at all, but it's possible there maybe a few glitches or things missing here and there - let me know if you spot anything.

Another change - I've re-enabled formatting for signatures, so you can have links, bold text, etc in signatures again. However, I've also made a change to ensure that signatures will only be shown once per thread. Please keep signatures to two lines of normal sized text only. And no ugly colors. :)

Karen Mok pulled out. I could only offer 4500Y for her to become the official forums image ambassador, and she wanted 5000Y. Once she backed out, Mark Roswell wasn't interested. Edit - oh yes, one change - there's now a field for your Skype username on your profile.

Who needs the real Mark Roswell. You should just trawl the language schools for a westerner who could pass as a Dashan lookalike. You just need a tall blonde guy, getting a pair of suitable glasses would be easy.

I think we should get all the posters to post their photos, and start the ball rolling with a Dashan lookalike competition.

I'm sure the celebrity lookalike market in China is ready for exploitation.

Also, on the main page, on the list of new posts, it now only lists the number of times a new post has been viewed, and not the number of replies (the sidebar and the recent post lists seem to have no problem with this).