Chinese-Forums

39 channels... anything on TV?

Roee

Without a doubt, personally, the best tool for learning Chinese (listening/reading) is the TV in China. There's a big collection [i hope] of series with decent Mandarin and simultaneous subtitles! It's fantastic. I get such a boost from just watching TV.

There's one small problem though... it's all so boring on the Mainland.

Could someone recommend series where people donot talk too fast, with decent Mandarin and subtitles? Oh and it should be at least a bit interesting (please no dating, dancing, "educational" japanese war or otherwise series). Thanks!

It sounds like you're talking about those live game type of shows. I prefer TV series. Searching online I found 地下铁 Sound Of Colors quite a nice one. There's a lot about love in that one but you shouldn't be picky when looking for listening practice. Besides I haven't found another type.

I really liked 愛情合約 (Aiqing Heyue) Love Contract and 戰神 (Zhan Shen) Mars.They are both from Taiwan but you could buy the DVDs/CDs here.

They are both quite romantic and suit younger people. I have heard 鬥魚 (Dou Yu) The Outsuders is good, but I haven't watched it. It probably is less romantic and more about violence.