Chinese-Forums

Firefox Auto-Update= Broken Adsotrans?

NateM

Hello all,

I've been an avid user of adsotrans since I first found out about it, (a whopping 2 weeks ago). However, last night Firefox did an automatic update and now adsotrans seems to be broken. I can still activate it and it will pop up with definitions of the words, but the characters themselves no longer show up in that little pop-up, (they are fine on the page itself, however). Perhaps the update messed up the encoding for the plug-ins, somehow? Anyone got a good quick-fix for this?

Im having the same problem, except it is with the adsotrans "greasemonkey" plugin that I found on this forum. After the Firefox auto-update the window pops up when I click the characters, but in the window is mostly ???????Anyone know how to fix this?

I thought that I was doing something wrong, but now that I think of it, the first time firefox auto-updated to 1.5.0.1, it broke my 同文堂 plugin, and that didn't start working again until a newer version of the plugin was released.

Instead of characters, mostly ??'s (and a few other random characters) show up. Some of them still have the appropriate pop-ups with definition and pronunication, but some of them don't.

Yup, that's what I'm getting too. I wonder if the updates are reverting the encoding for the plug-ins back to a Western European setting somehow. I don't really know how to check that, though.