Chinese-Forums

Chinese Bridge Competition

NYC

Friend of mine just got back from it. Sounds like it was essentially reality TV. Don't suppose it's online somewhere?

I reckon I got the better prize (Month's tuition), despite coming 2nd (or 3rd). :-).

• 3 years later...
  • New Members

Hey! I don't know if there is someone who will answer my question since it passed already 4 years :)))) since the last post, but i tried:D. Can anyone tell me about the topic for the speech. I studied chinese for only one semester, but Teacher said us that we should participate ... But I don't know what should I write about since I don't know so many words. Anyone in my situation? Do you have some ideas? Please, help me, if you can!

Thanks a lot!!

• 1 year later...

Hi! Getting this old thread back up again as I'm taking part of the preliminaries in Guangzhou tomorrow!

I understand that we will first have a small written test. Blindly pick a question about Chinese culture, like what is your favourite Chinese dish, and write your answer in Chinese on the paper. Time is about 10 minutes. Then we will wait for your time to perform, everyone seems to get a waiting number or something.

First is 1 minute self introduction. Then 2 minutes talent show. Finally the three techers will ask us questions. Three green lights goes right to Beijing, two greens go to round two (with 30 seconds talent number 2) and one or no green lights get you back home :) I'm not sure if the 30 seconds talent has to be performed right away or wait until a second round later that day.

If anyone has any questions about the Chinese Bridge, I have more information tomorrow.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • New Members

I'm also looking for a topic for speech. Thinking over the terracotta army,do you guys think it's ok? I feel like fish out of water about this contest, the level of Chinese at my group is not high, but laoshi insisted in me taking part in the competition. And as for the talent show, well ha says I can do papercutting but I think it's lame , though it's the only choice to me as I can't sing or dance  :wall