Chinese-Forums

new palm issues -- pleco, wifi

kudra

just some remarks about installing the demo version of basic pleco on a palm tx

my first attempt at hot synching pleco seemed to hang. I was doing automated install.

Instead of completely dropping back and working through manual install as suggested at

http://kb.pleco.com/index.php?article=8

I canceled the hot synch with the cancel button. (this did not actually stop the hot synch, and I ended up doing end task on hotsynch from the windows task manager.

after that I shut down everything, turned everything off. Turned everything back on, and tried again to hotsynch. This time it worked in a few minutes. I am running windows xp home edition on a rather toshiba satellite laptop. I am running Hotsynch manager 6.01.

also possibly of interest, although not specifically chinese, is getting the palm tx wifi to work with the home wireless network, which is broadcast from a 2wire divice I got a few years ago from SBC before they got bought by ATT . Couldn't get it to work. The palm seemed to be talking to the router, but couldn't load web pages. This post at the palm support was key to resolving the problem for me

http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/forums/displaypost?postID=20294712

specifically points 1 and 4 from the wifi chechlist were what I needed.

roddy, if this doesn't belong here feel free to move or delete.