Chinese-Forums

Mission: Impossible 3 to be banned in China?

skylee

News from RTHK (the film is called 職業特工隊 in HK, after the old tv series) ->

Quote -

《 職 業 特 工 隊 3 》 被 指 涉 上 海 負 面 形 像   不 能 在 內 地 上 演

新 華 社 報 道 , 電 影 《 職 業 特 工 隊 》 第 三 集 , 很 可 能 不 能 在 內 地 上 演 。

報 道 引 述 上 海 傳 媒 說 , 這 套 電 影 去 年 曾 到 上 海 拍 攝 , 但 涉 及 過 多 上 海 負 面 形 象 , 對 瑰 麗 的 城 市 景 觀 視 而 不 見 , 出 現 的 畫 面 是 隨 處 可 見 的 晾 衣 竹 桿 和 內 衣 , 上 海 警 察 出 鏡 時 , 更 顯 得 身 手 笨 拙 , 反 應 遲 鈍 。 source

IMO Shanghai in the film could be just any city (and the film makers seem to think that Zhouzhuang is part of Shanghai). I wonder why the Chinese authorities can't understand that it is just entertainment?

• 3 months later...

The film is currently showing, with cuts to the scenes set in Shanghai. Having just seen it, I'd like to suggest the censors go further next time, and remove all content between the opening titles and the credits, like they so wisely did with The Da Vince Code.

I don't know, I'm watching it right now for the second time. Bought the DVD on the street for 6 yuan? Seems complete to me.

Also seen it advertised to play in the theaters more than a month ago I think (mind foggy on that). Didn't see it in the theater.

I've also bought, 40 year old Virgin uneditied which was a surprise here.

I saw it in the cinema, the other option being Garfield 2. I don't know what bits were cut, but there certainly seemed to be something missing in between Mr Cruise landing on the roof of the Shanghai building and jumping out a window 20 stories down three seconds later.