Chinese-Forums

CJKOS - on screen writing

Harvey

Hello,

I have been using CJKOS for about a week now. Mostly I am just using it to be sure I can display and read Asian characters correctly, but haven't been doing any input.

I noticed recently that if I try to select some text on my screen to highlight it, and drag from right to left, instead of highlighting the text it will draw a squiggly line on the screen, and after I release, it will convert it into some ascii character or some Chinese character.

I can highlight text properly by dragging from left to right.

Is this a CJKOS thing? How is this on screen writing supposed to be used?

Thanks for any help

I'm on a Palm TX.

- Harvey

• 2 weeks later...

I Think you can use HWPen (Hanwang Pen).

However, I have been Unable to Find a Download Site for a Palm OS5 Version.

:help Does Anyone Know Where to Download HWPen for Palm OS5 (to DL on a Mac)?

(I have already tried Google :conf)

TIA

The Duelist

Harvey,

I've had the same problem you describe. The way I've figured out to get around it is to pause after first placing the stylus on the screen (maybe 1.5sec) before dragging over the text I want to highlight. This seems to make the Palm switch from handwriting recognition mode to text highlight mode. Try that and see if it works. :)

--JW

• 1 month later...

I use CJKOS www.dyts.com it is a palm software!!!!

after install, you should click "Enable CJKOS"

if you are learning simplified chinese, just use char set: Chinese GBK and Display: ChineseGB

if you are learning Traditional Chinese, just use char set: Chinese Big5 and Display Big5

I don't recommend you to use the Smart Detect Char set because sometimes it will mess up Simplified Chinese into Traditional Chinese, making the character unreadable.

For the input portion, I use PenP 蒙恬筆

in any text field, press the calender button until the right bottom shows "P1" and then you will have full screen, "P2" means use Graffiti area to input handwriting chinese.

simple?

I turn off the input when I have to minipulate text. I assigned the mode-switching button to down on the directional pad. There are three or four modes, so it's a hassle having to cycle through all the modes to turn full-screen input on or off, but that's the best solution I've come up with.