Chinese-Forums

Bookshops in Hong Kong

Jim

I'll have a weekend down in Hong Kong soon, and want to stock up on some books. I'll be visiting The People's Recreation Community for some Chinese language stuff, but wondered if anyone could advise me on good academic bookshops that have a good selection of HKUP and Chine University Press Titles. I'm specifically in need of some works on classics like the Shang Shu (尚书), Zhou Yi (周易) and the like.

That is right across the street from Times Square, right?

On the 9th floor of Times Square is a Page One bookstore. I know I have purchased Chinese University Press books there before. It isn't exactly cheap, though...

For books published by the two universities, I think you should visit the larger bookstores. If you are going to the bookstore you mentioned, which is in Causeway Bay, you should also visit the Commercial Press (商務印書館) at 1 Sugar Street, Causeway Bay. The Cosmos Bookstore (天地圖書) at 30 Johnston Road, Wanchai (take the tram) is another good choice in the area.