Chinese-Forums

侠客行

horas

[pop=heroic/xiá]侠[/pop][pop=customer/kè]客[/pop][pop=row/xíng]行[/pop]

Who can help?

I'm looking for the missing part of Xia Ke Xing (Jin Yong's wuxia novel) 2nd edition, chapter 20. Apparently the texts which are online are copies from the same source, the part is missing on all online texts I've searched.

Xia Ke Xing chapter 20, the missing part is between these two parts:

龙岛主道:“小兄弟适才……”木岛主道:“此事慢慢再说,咱们且去聚会众人,宣布此事如何?”龙岛主登时会意,道:“甚好,甚好。石帮主,请。”

石破天不敢先行,跟在龙木二岛主之后,从石室中出来。龙岛主传讯邀请众宾,召集弟子,同赴大厅众会。

*missing part*

原来石破天解悟石壁上神功之后,情不自禁的试演。龙木二岛主一见之下大为惊异,龙岛主当即上前出掌相邀。其时石破天犹似着魔中邪,一觉有人来袭,自然而然的还掌相应,数招之后,龙岛主便觉难以抵挡,木岛主当即上前夹击。他二人的武功,当世已找不出第三个人来,可是二人联手,仍是敌不住石破天新悟的神妙武功。本来二人若是立即收招,石破天自然而然的也会住手,但二人均要试一试这壁上武功到底有多大威力,四掌翻飞,越打越紧。他二人掌势越盛,石破天的反击也是越强,三个人的掌风掌力撞向石壁,竟将石壁的浮面都震得酥了。

Thanks in advance.

-

Are you sure there is a part missing?

I read this book decades ago and I don't have a hard copy of it so I really can't comment. But from the soft copy I have (also downloaded from the internet), it seems ok. Maybe I will go to a library to check on a hard copy to see if anything is missing ...

I have borrowed the novel (the 1977 Ming Ho version) from a library (see photo of the books). And nothing is missing from the text you quoted (see next photo).

Now that I have borrowed it I might as well reread it ...

The books (click to enlarge)

cimg15944jc.th.jpg

Chapter 20 (click to enlarge)

cimg15935sp.th.jpg

Thanks Skylee. Apparently I've misunderstood the text because it's rather strange.

In flashback it was told that both Lords attacked Shi Potian as he was performing his exercises and Shi Potian subconsciously (without him realizing) defended himself.

-