Chinese-Forums

How will quitting the BLCU affect my resi permit?

yonitabonita

Sounds like Yonita has progressed past the beginner level, and if I remember rightly she (he?) also speaks Japanese too. I would recommend studying with the Koreans and Japanese up north.

When I say north I mean more specifically northeast. Shenyang, Changchun, Harbin etc. Jilin Uni is a good shout (Changchun), Liaoning University (Shenyang), HIT in Harbin and Dalian University of Technology all have good courses and facilities. There are other examples.

You still get some under-motivated students but if you can put pressure on the uni to get you into a relatively advanced class initially you will still be moving along at a fair rate even if some of your classmates are slacking.

• 5 months later...

I've just read through this very helpful thread about leaving a uni program and how it affects your residency permit. I'm in a similar situation, though not exactly the same, so looking for some advice...

I'm at BIT and also unhappy with the teaching method. I paid for the full year in September and was told I could get a refund only if I first go to the PSB and revoke my residency permit. The problem is, while I want to stay in Beijing, I don't want to do another full-time course because I'm too busy with other stuff. It's clear that a private academy won't help me out with getting a visa. And I'm American, which sounds like it may be a problem for doing the visa run in Hong Kong.. (Not sure why, just repeating what I read here!!)

So does anyone know what other options are available? I was planning on travelling to Spain in Jan/Feb -- could I apply for a tourist's visa at the Chinese Embassy in Spain, even though I'm not Spanish? Anyone know how that works?

Or am I tied to this school in order to keep my residency?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!! I have to decide by the end of this week!

• 2 months later...

I am a non degree chinese language student in Beijing Language and Culture univercity for one year. At the begining of that year we paid money for both two semesters and I want to change my univerctiy now and move to Shenzhen and register to Shenzhen univercity for the second semester of my education.

I still dont know if I can take my money back from BLCU. Because of the chinese new year there was nobady in school than I ve to wait to learn how it works.

if is there anyone that can give me an idea how I can take my money back please dont hesitate to write a reply...

Thanks....

All chinese friends happy new year

• 2 months later...

ok, i have related experience plus a new question.

1. i was on a travel visa in september 2006 (after having to go to hong kong because my employer at the time failed to supply me with a work visa before my previous travel visa ran out. yes, this whole situation was a mess, no thanks to two non-visa-savvy employers in a row.) i then enrolled in school, and they provided me with a student visa good through august 2007.

2. at the beginning of the spring semester i decided i wanted to change universities, so i enrolled in the new one, got a letter of acceptance from them, brought that back to my former university, who then said OK, and i'm able to stay on the same visa/residence permit from them. (after reading some of the stories on here, i guess that was pretty nice of them.)

3. since my visa will be expiring in august 2007 and i've decided i do not want to continue studying at university but DO want to continue living here, either working full-time or doing freelance work i will need to change my visa yet again. my question is: should i be planning on exiting the country at that time, or is it possible for an employer to change my student visa directly to a work visa and/or a visa agent to change the student visa to a business visa? i'm a u.s. citizen, by the way.

thanks for any help you guys can provide.