Chinese-Forums

You Chinese are amazing!

dkd_50

You Chinese are amazing!!!!

How can u even start a topic a like this????

We Europeans created the GREATEST civilization imaginable! Can you imagine anything better than USA, or Western Europe????

I dare you!

You Chinese are noting but a "sour-looser" agricultural race!

Rockets which can take men to the moon...

Aircraft which can carry hundreds of people thousands of miles in a few hours...

Computers which have the processing power of hundreds of thousands of people...

Arithmetic and geometry, the basics of science which made such flights possible...

The telephone - an instrument which enables people thousands of kilometers away from each to converse as if they were next to each other...

Philosophers, Kings, Queens, wise rulers, evil rulers...

Great causes, which have fallen and risen...

Civilizations which have conquered their known worlds...

Technological wonders of which others can only dream...

All these are achievements of the White race, without any doubt the greatest race that has ever walked the face of this Earth

I mean what is culture???

What is the definition of culture??

From the time you get up in the morning to the time when you go to sleep, you use everything created by us Whites: From alarm clocks to automobiles.

How can you even think of YOUR culture, when you use everything created by ANOTHER CULTURE (i.e. White Culture) all throughout the day, all throughout the year.

And, don’t you dare bring up that silly “We Chinese were one ones who invented gunpowder, the printing press and all that”.

What a ridiculous excuse!!!!

Gunpowder was accidentally discovered by the Chinese, I do accept. But the real formulas of gunpowder and real guns and cannons is all European!

Who the hell are you to even think of comparing our culture with your straw hut Asian backward culture???

Normally I'd just get rid of this, but thought I'd give everyone a little insight into the kind of rubbish I sometimes spend time deleting. This is a particularly heinous example because, as you can see, it uses Comic Sans font.

The sheer magnitude of the intelligence displayed is simply overwhelming... or is that simpleton overwhelmed... ahh well... guess edu-ma-cation is thin on the ground where this person is... nice one...

Keep the post. Some day, a psychologist might need an example of lack of understanding obvious facts developing into racist rants.

Where would any nation be if printing hadn't been invented? For dkd_50: China predated Europe by a very handsome margin. Where would science be if the zero hadn't been invented? dkd_50: the brown people of India did it. Europe doesn't even have a monopoly on "evil rulers".

For other examples in the OP, I can and do live without them. I am more awed by examples showing that you still can live without superduper unintelligible hitech monster gadgets if you use age-old sustainable technology and inventiveness. If the computer I use for a living, together with telephones and just about any electricity powered item were to be destroyed by a Europe/USA invented neutron bomb, I could still survive, switching to the OP despised agriculture.

Obviously I've got too much leisure time. Gotta go out to plant some onions and taters, just in case.

How can u even start a topic a like this????

Who the hell are you to even think of comparing our culture with your straw hut Asian backward culture???

At first I wondered whether or not if this was just ranting of a mad racist. Then I looked closely. It seems like he's trying to form a debate. Is the satire? is this just parody? Is he engaging in hyperbole? Is he exaggerating for effect to prove a point?

The two statements above I quoted make it seem like he's arguing against another thread that was posted somewhere. I'm sure if we look we might find similar type statements from the opposite point of view: a very ethnocentric towards anything other than Chinese point of view. Statements such as _________ is the oldest and greatest civilization.

The author might simply be pointing out how ridiculous it sounds. Or he could just be a bigot. I've heard quite a few arguments like this from the Chinese side that seem almost the same, is this what is he doing in his "counter attack"?

Just doing my part to bring balance to the force, by postulating something different :mrgreen:

Of course, I just ignore both sides when they sound so crazy.

Roddy,

I couldn't find it and he has a post count of one. Was it under a different name? That really is too bad.

Although I have used some of his points to counter the more ridiculous and ethnocentric Chinese I've met but I also love to remind my fellow Americans that we are not the center of the world and it's just sheer bad luck in the hands of a few powerful people (in the past anyway) that has kept China from its full potential.

And chances are many things he enjoys in his modern life would be impossible without the aid of China.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, what would this be without the new guys two cents.

We Europeans created the GREATEST civilization imaginable! Can you imagine anything better than USA, or Western Europe????
One thing here is the "The West" as it's so incorrectly called is really what Rome turned into. If you look at Western ideals and Roman ideals, government, etc, it's strikingly similar. Don't forget Rome did conqure up to Britain and ruled it for hundreds of years building schools and educating the people.
From the time you get up in the morning to the time when you go to sleep, you use everything created by us Whites
yeah, I've noticed that as well, but it'd be stupid not to. I've been trying to find stuff for souviners to send home that scream "This is from China", but I just can't find stuff other then the so called Farmer/Kung Fu shirts.
How can you even think of YOUR culture, when you use everything created by ANOTHER CULTURE (i.e. White Culture) all throughout the day, all throughout the year.
I don't think using something constitutes culture, it'd say culture more behavioral oriented then product oriented.
well, ya gotta at least give 'em credit for the cultural revolution.
You know my friend and I had an interesting talk about that. In Toronto, London even, during Chinese New Year's you see all kind's of the dancing Chinese dragons, fireworks, dancers in traditional outfits etc. Here, in China, the best I've seen is a lot of fireworks, and some sign's on people's doors. It seem's that Chinese culture is celibrated more outside China then it is in China. I really don't see the culture everyone is talking about.

"well, ya gotta at least give 'em credit for the cultural revolution."

"You know my friend and I had an interesting talk about that. ... I really don't see the culture everyone is talking about."

nonono....THIS cultural revolution: http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/history/A0814235.html

"Cultural Revolution, 1966–76, mass mobilization of urban Chinese youth inaugurated by Mao Zedong, attempting to prevent development of a bureaucratized Soviet style of Communism. Mao closed schools and encouraged students to join Red Guard units, which persecuted Chinese teachers and intellectuals and enforced Mao's cult of personality. The movement for criticism of party officials, intellectuals, and “bourgeois values” turned violent, and the Red Guard split into factions. Many people died in the ensuing purges. The Cultural Revolution also caused economic disruption; industrial production dropped by 12% from 1966 to 1968. In 1967, Mao ordered the Army to stem Red Guard factionalism but promote the Guard's radical goals. When the military itself threatened to factionalize, Mao dispersed the Red Guards, and began to rebuild the Party. The Ninth Party Congress (1969), which named Marshal Lin Biao as Mao's successor, led to a struggle between the military and Premier Zhou Enlai. After Lin's mysterious death (1971), Mao expressed regrets for the excesses of the Cultural Revolution. However, the Gang of Four, led by Jiang Qing, continued to restrict the arts and enforce ideology, even purging Deng Xiaoping a second time only months before Mao's death (Sept., 1976). The Gang of Four was imprisoned in Oct., 1976, bringing the movement to a close."

Here, in China, the best I've seen is a lot of fireworks, and some sign's on people's doors. It seem's that Chinese culture is celibrated more outside China then it is in China. I really don't see the culture everyone is talking about.

You really need to get out more!