Chinese-Forums

Chinese Tv Series - Which one is better?

daxia

Hey all

All of you who have lived/are living in China knows that there are a tribillion of numerous ancient time Tv series about: KungFu, emperors, heroes and stuff like that.

My summer vacation is about to start so I thought I might buy a set of DVD's and watch one of these through.

The problem is that some of these series have really bad acting and allot of very sucky computer-made special effects, and watching stuff like that makes me sick.

So, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a relatively new, high quality tv series. I'm a guy so please don't recommend one that's just about some 公主的无聊的生活。I like fantasy, heroes, kung fu and beautiful girls :mrgreen:

Although, I also want one that's abit more "serious" not one that everyone keeps joking all the time. But the most important thing is, quality.

Thanks in advance

btw, Only ones that are in mandarin, not Cantonese

seems like the vocab, and listening practice associated with something like

中国式离婚

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/6236-trashy-soap-opera-of-the-month-club&highlight=trashy+soap

would be 100 times more useful, modern, idiomatic, etc.

And if you are in need of some gongfu action, there must be better ways to get it than in a soap. Maybe I'm missing something here.

I don't know how well it fits your criteria, but 武林外传 is wonderful. It's brand new, though, and may not yet be available on DVD. It is the very first Chinese-made TV show I could sit through and totally enjoy, and I would recommend it to anyone.

I checked out 武林外传 and it seems that it's a bit to "humerous" for my taste. I want it to be more serious. I want something that really moves me and makes me do anything to see the next episode. Like a fantasy story in chinese, where there's both a little humor and sadness.

Anyone who has any other recomendations ?