Chinese-Forums

中国式离婚 makes me pissed ! I cant watch it...

daxia

Because it was recommended by someone on the boards in a earlier post, I started to watch 中国式离婚. I have heard from Chinese friends that it's very realistic and in a good way describes how Chinese married couples live.

The thing is, the more I watch it, the more frustrated and pissed I get. Whats the matter with these people ? If this soap really reflects the life of Chinese then I'm getting the hell out of China asap.

*Spoiler Alert*

I get more and more frustrated about the main characters:宋建平 and 林小枫. I mean wtf the matter with these two people. They never talk about their problems ! They never tell each other that they love each other etc. 林小枫 is worried about looking old and asks 宋建平 what he thinks, and what does he say ? : "yeah, you look a little old". And then he wonders why he doesn't get any sex. I didn't know doctors could be that stupid.

And what about that neighbour who accidentally left her shirt in 宋建平's apartment. Why the hell didn't 宋建平 just tell his wife right away ?

I have watched until episode 8 where 宋建平's brother 东北 is getting married. Why on earth would 宋建平 invite his neighbour when his wife won't come. He really is a complete idiot. Even a five year old Child would understand that people would think that his neighbour is his wife.

And the girl that 东北 is marrying. She must be the most irritating person I've ever seen. If here IQ were any lower she would probably trip on it and die. The thing that terrifies me the most about her though is that allot of Chinese girls semms to be just like her.

I've watched until 东北 and his new wife went shopping after the marriage and the wife calls 宋建平's telephone. Then 东北 tells her that 宋建平's neighbour is 宋建平's 情人. That's when I had enough. I just screamed out and had to take a cold shower for 20 minutes to cool of. Please, please, please tell me that Chinese people are not like this and that this soap is 100% fictional in all aspects.

Please, please, please tell me that Chinese people are not like this and that this soap is 100% fictional in all aspects.
The thing that terrifies me the most about here though is that most Chinese girls are just like her.
:help

I know what you mean. I got really annoyed with the last series of 24, because Jack and the terrorists just wouldn't talk through their problems.

It's TV! And why does this need to be in Speaking and Listening?

She must be the most irritating person I've ever seen. If here IQ were any lower she would probably trip on it and die. The thing that terrifies me the most about here though is that most Chinese girls are just like her.

You keep entertaining all those Chinese girls, and the rest of us'll enjoy talking to the rest. Thanks!

I know what you mean. I got really annoyed with the last series of 24, because Jack and the terrorists just wouldn't talk through their problems.

Hrm, yeah that's a good comparison. A agent fighting and killing terrorists, and a love relationship. I'm sure you're popular with the girls.

It's TV! And why does this need to be in Speaking and Listening?

Because the TV forum is pretty much dead.

You keep entertaining all those Chinese girls, and the rest of us'll enjoy talking to the rest. Thanks!

Talking ? I thought that you liked to treat girls like Jack treats the terrorists in 24 ?

The thing I meant about the Chinese girls (not all) is the way they always try to act like children, that needs to be taken care of 24/7. They expect you to pay for everything, to help them with everything without themselves having to do anything. Although they have the capacity to be strong, smart and independent, they for some reason feel that they have to act like some mix between 5 year olds and teenage girls.

Of course, there are allot of girls that are not like this.

It's a pretty quality production for Chinese TV. Sure, it's not HBO, but it's head and shoulders above bog-standard 电视剧 fodder. The main characters do make bad decisions, but so do people. Plausibility gets stretched somewhat, but hey, it's TV. Try something else if you don't like it.

It's a pretty quality production for Chinese TV. Sure, it's not HBO, but it's head and shoulders above bog-standard 电视剧 fodder. The main characters do make bad decisions, but so do people. Plausibility gets stretched somewhat, but hey, it's TV. Try something else if you don't like it.

It's not like their just making bad decisions, it's like their both actually trying to ruing their relationship. It's not that it's bad quality and it's not the acting, it's just the things they do and say. It's so stupid.

Now, are relationships in China really this cold and weird ?

The only person I can understand a little in this series so far is 宋建平's brother:东北. Although he also is a idiot, I can still feel that I understand the way he thinks a little.

People do that. They get into weird, dead-end, hopeless relationships with people they have a deep and growing contempt for. Hopefully it's rare, but lets face it, 中国式幸福夫妻 isn't going to make great TV - 'And now in episode 1356, Jianping and Xiaofeng hold hands at their grandchild's graduation ceremony.'

Having said that, it doesn't get any more plausible as time goes on, and if it's winding you up that much, you might as well quit.

gee why is it that no one ever supports anyone who just wants to have a rant here?

well daxia i havent seen the soap opera but from what you described it would piss me off too!!!! and i agree that theres certainly a difference in culture with how a lot of chinese girls act like little kids half the time and throw tantrums as well. and that annoys me even more!!(and i stress that i didnt say ALL incase i am not politcally correct enough:wink: ). ive seen the soap operas where the women do that and it worries me coz it means its condoning those tantrums! NO!!!

:tong

rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

that said some western soap operas really piss me off too.

but many of the chinese ones i have seen manage to out do even them

I havent seen this one (yet, but may when I hit Beijing in just 2 and a bit weeks... WOOHOOOOOOO...)... but if its any consolation western soaps are indeed this bad if not worse... you just wanna pick them up and shake till they cry for mercy... which is why I dont watch soaps really...

lol... i can understand daxia having a problem with this comparison but i actually understand. seeing those ctu agents stuff up their decisions all the time.... brings my blood to the boil.

still though you gotta love jack. im sure youve read all those chuck norris sayings like:

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

ANYWAY there is a jack bauer one i read:

If Jack Bauer ever came across Chuck Norris, not only would he block Chuck's roundhouse kick, he'd punch him in the guts at the same time. The resultant impact would cause a second Big Bang, and in turn, a second universe. The second universe would be named Jack Bauer.

its the name of that second universe that i love.

roddy,are you really chinese? just wondering,no offense.

i have watched this soap show years ago,i am afraid i can't agree with u,actually,i agreed with daxia, because it made me pissed too.

i was brought up in a happy home, my parents are both polite and reasonable people,when i watched this show i can't understand why 宋建平didn't choose to communicate with each other and fix their relationship but try every effort to ruin it.

in the show ,the thing most pissed me off was 宋建平even let 东北 entice his wife by chatting with her through msn or some other chating tools like that.i mean why he just talked to his wife 晓枫i don't love you any more or i want to devorce you,even he was afraid that 晓枫 did'nt agreed to divorce,he still can sue for devorce, was't he??why he did so many mean things to her?

quote"please, please tell me that Chinese people are not like this and that this soap is 100% fictional in all aspects."

i can tell u this show is completely garbage,maybe in china there are some men with great success don't love their wives any more but their wives don't agreed to devorce(this was mostly because in china if husbands have succesful carrer,most wives will quit her job and take care of family just like 晓枫 in the show.but when their marrige don't work and get devorced,the wives ,haveing income or not ,won't get estovers,so they always don't want to devorce),they communicate and try to make relationship work first,but not try to torture or contempt each other first.this show is so unreasonable and the characters are so crazy and mental.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

I have watched until episode 8 where 宋建平's brother 东北 is getting married. Why on earth would 宋建平 invite his neighbour when his wife won't come. He really is a complete idiot. Even a five year old Child would understand that people would think that his neighbour is his wife

i can explain this to you:this only because 宋建平 think his neighbour is beautiful and graceful and with her will make him look good,but his wife is old and tacky and only will humiliate him ,so you see ?he deliberated to make other people mistake his neighbor as his wife.

what i can say ,this is a completely crazy show only made to make people crazy!!!

stop wathching that show if u don't want make yourself crazy!!!

all i try to tell here is 中国式离婚 even in reasonble chinese people's eyes is a completely garbage! and don't take a soap show suriously or compare it to real chinese life or chinese people!

in addition,there always some crazy soap show in every country,for example,in "desperate housewives " i can never understand when bree's husband had heart attack,no matter how she was mad at him,how can she not send him to hospital immediatly but waste time on purpose and let him choke painfully .and when his husband died and wrote her a note"i understand you and forgive you",she even did't think over it for a moment before she digged him out of the tomb!!!!oh ,my god,when i watched here ,i almost trow away my computer ,it was so carzy and disgusting! and also after her husband died ,her mother-in-law cried before everybody,and so what ???:twisted: slapped her in front of lynett in a public restauraunt!! i have no idea why most people tell me it's a good show but i don't take this for granted that all amerian families are like bree's family.soap show is just soap show,some are bad show and some are good show, just don't take it a real life!!