Chinese-Forums

Chinese Academic Journal Database.. online?

venture160

I am looking for access to Chinese academic journals, something along the lines of EBSCO, JSTOR, Lexis Nexis etc, I need to do some reserch in chinese 关于药品集中采购进入政府采购的利弊。 The advantages/disadvantges of US Pharmaceutical companies entering Chinese government bidding. yay, lots of fun. Any help would be much apreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Previously I have tried the "article finder" service several times and get the papers I need in a quick time. I need some business papers for marketing research in one specific Chinese industry that time, and they send me all the related papers for my research use, and it is very helpful. You can visit http://www.purpleculture.com/articlefinder.asp, from where i get the paper I need.

This link should give you an idea of some of the journals that are out there (keep in mind this is in "X" only, but a lot of Chinese journals end up there so that is where I start my searches...) Also, this is through our University library, so I don't know if you have access on this link, but it might help as a pointer.

There's also Wanfang Data, which indexes lots of journals. Abstracts are generally free, and the full text of some articles can be accessed with a free login. Others are purchasable via cell phone number - if you're outside of China, you might be able to find someone to get them for you that way - not to expensive, if I recall correctly.