Chinese-Forums

Learn chinese online - free

languagefan

Hey everybody

I've been building a website for those learning Chinese. The website is called ZapChinese and it offers free lessons, including grammar, vocabulary and useful phrases lessons. All the resources have audio files allowing you to hear the pronunciation of the words and sounds in Chinese, and it also offers small videos helping you to write Chinese characters.

http://www.zapchinese.com/ (Learn Chinese - ZapChinese)

I really want to improve the website and build a great resource for those learning Chinese so any suggestions and opinion are more than welcome.

Xie Xie,

Take care

I'm all in favor of webmasters making money from their sites, but you've got more ads than content on there, and it makes it hard to find what useful stuff you do have (the videos of writing characters are nice, for example, but how many users actually get that far).

I'd take off the majority of the ads, concentrate on building links and traffic for a while, and then when you're established as a useful site, bring some ads back in. Currently it just looks like an Adsense vehicle, and that's a turn-off.

I don't know how many 'help people learn Chinese' sites there are, but there must be dozens of half-way credible ones, and hundreds of mostly rubbish ones. If all that energy was actually harnessed we wouldn't need oil any more.

Roddy