Chinese-Forums

Template Question

roddy

I kind of like the current look. Maybe the style you linked to is a little more modern, but I think it's also a little more anonymous. I've come to associate the strong blue colours with this forum, so I wouldn't change it just for the sake of changing it.

The strong blue colors are just the vbulletin default, you'll see them all over the internet. Still, maybe if it ain't broke I shouldn't fix it. I just think it could be a bit more attractive, particularly the front page, which is just all boxes - not very welcoming, I think.

Same as Yinguoguy, the current style makes me comfortable since i'm used to it (note that i don't often have this attitude, "il n'y a que les imbéciles qui ne changent jamais").

Anyway, i'm ok for a new style since it is sober (and i'm sure it will be). The one you presented just seems a bit more sad to me.

phpBB allows each user to select from a customization menu for skins. Does vBulletin allow that?

Personally, I don't like the newer look you pointed at, but that's probably just inertia. I do everything through the "new posts" menu anyways.

Vbulletin does allow users to choose from a number of styles, but a) the nicer styles have to be paid for, so you ain't getting more than one and B) it'll potentially mean I have to duplicate changes for each style, which makes more work for me. Which is bad.

Anyway, seems most people are happy as it is. Bless you.