Chinese-Forums

Translation help

heifeng

Hoping someone can help me out with the English for the following items, phrases. Thanks!!!

刮板捞渣机

同时也为电厂灰渣综合利用.....

... 滴点大于300℃,......

输油管道除蜡器;

茶炉、锅炉

By the way, are there any good technical/industrial online Chinese <=> English websites???

刮板捞渣机 is a slag scraper, I think. That's as much as I'm doing, have far too much off this kind of nonsense to deal with myself . . .

Tip for this kind of stuff (obscure machinery names) - put the Chinese into Google or Baidu, look for a model number of a particular product, then search for an English page including that model number. That'll often get you a name.

No online resources I know of. There are technical dictionaries that might help - the Foreign Language bookstore on Wangfujing has a decent range. Trouble is they tend to be rarely updated and fall behind quite quickly, and not always right. This kind of field (power plants? metallurgy) probably doesn't change so rapidly as computing or telecoms though.

刮板捞渣机

同时也为电厂灰渣综合利用.....Also at the same time electric power plant dust residue can be multipurposefully used????

... 滴点大于300℃,...... Drop or Drip point no larger than 300c

输油管道除蜡器;= petroleum pipeline wax remover

茶炉、 tea oven?

锅炉 = boiler

同时也为电厂灰渣综合利用

Depressingly enough, I just had to look this up myself.

Coal-burning (perhaps anything-burning) power plants produce ash. Commonly that ash is dumped, but it can also be reused for various purposes. I'd guess the sentence wants to look something like 'And at the same time (do something . . .) for the reuse of power plant ash.'

• 2 weeks later...

thanks you guys for your help.

other info I sort of found out...for future reference...

there are petrol line paraffin removers, and and cleaning of pipelines is called Pigging...

also I found a decent book that contains some tech. terminology. I haven't gotten a chance to go to WFJ, but I found a book called 实用汉语百科分类词库,isbn7-313-0350-6/H-713. unfortunately it set me back 44yuan, but I like it b/c it's not huge,so it's not going break my back lugging it around if needed, but contains terms across many industries and helps with some more technical/ specialized terms, plus terms for everday life...I always wanted to know how to say over 100 types of fabric.......