Chinese-Forums

EASY reading practice for beginners?

Strawberries513

Ok, well I can read about 750 characters, which is beginner, but I really need to practice reading. Does anyone know of any sites with VERY SIMPLE texts? (maybe for children..??) any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Strawberries,

I am in Taiwan now, so I'm not sure how easy this book would be to find in the states; but I went out and found a children's book which is actually intended for chinese kids learning english. The useful aspect of it though is the fact that it contains approximately 1000 of the most basic words and concepts, and for each one they include a sample sentence in English and in Chinese. By no means is this a good way to learn the language on its own, but as supplementary material, it has been amazing for me in filling in the cracks. So I think you'd want to supplement a true chinese learning program with this book, not replace it.

ISBN 957747450-0

Title: "圖解英文字典"

I found it on this page: "http://store.pchome.com.tw/amazon/M00165899.htm"

I'm sure there are many other books out there like this but I found it to have excellent English and Chinese both (the Chinese part being judged from friends).