Chinese-Forums

The Return of Superman

yearningf

Will get a release, assuming he doesn't make the Shanghai police look bad, or cause any religious protests. Superman is also sponsor of choice at the moment - I'm waiting for my Superman-sized McDonald's Meal . . .

According to City Weekend we can see Superman in 3D.

Tuesday, July 11

Superman Returns (2006) (IMAX)

UME 3D theater

The man of steel is finally with us again in the epic installment 'Superman Returns' at the helm of 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer. The plot focuses on Superman's return to Earth where he finds that the world no longer needs a hero. Directed by Bryan Singer, this film is the world's first live-action Hollywood feature to be converted from 2D to IMAX 3D. Tel: 8211-5566

It'll be on DVD before it premieres. Relax.
Liuzhou is right. It's one of the 2 DVDs I bought before I left China last week, for a grand sum of 5RMB each :mrgreen:

(Haven't had time to check out the (reproduction) quality yet :mrgreen: )

Update: Just tried out the DVD and as I'd suspected, it had to go straight to the bin. It may be a good idea not to buy any DVD title before it's properly released, or you'll get something which is unwatchable because it was produced by (illegally) filming the film being screened.

• 1 month later...
Update: Just tried out the DVD and as I'd suspected, it had to go straight to the bin. .

I've been slightly luckier - the one I bought has just turned out to be Superman 3, with Christopher Reeve and Richard Pryor. Will put it in the 'Not what it was meant to be' folder, along with Lord of the Rings (turned out to be Jason and the Argonaunts) and one of the Matrix sequels - can't remember which one, but as it's actually Johnny Mnemonic. it doesn't really matter.

A VCD copy of Spiderman I watched in Harbin once turned out to be this made for TV nonsense. Cleverly enough we didn't notice for quite some time, leading to questions like 'He never actually turned into a spider in the comic books, did he?' and 'Why is Peter Parker called Quentin?'

It may be a good idea not to buy any DVD title before it's properly released, or you'll get something which is unwatchable because it was produced by (illegally) filming the film being screened

Always worth checking - sometimes you get one that's been made from a preview DVD copy, and they're usually excellent - you get a 'review copy only' message scrolling across screen every 15 minutes, but the quality is fine.

Roddy

bought the superman dvd as soon as it hit the stores. prolly a bad idea. i got the

kramer filming in the theatre version, with some bald guy getting up to pee halfway

through.

speaking of kramer, my girlfriends relatives did the prepare dinner in the bathtub

bit. only their version involved slaughtering a chicken in the squattie.

i'm starting to like this place.