Chinese-Forums

Chinese Language Forums/bbs etc (not blogs)

daxia

Hey all

I am helping a Chinese friend who just started to use computers to find some good online Chinese forums. A clean, easy to use and frequently visited forum. Not like www.sina.com or www.qq.com ! Thoose sites are way to messy and almost impossiple to navigate. I get a headache just thinking about them. A site almost like this one. Clean, simple and user friendly. But all in Chinese of course.

Also, Im looking for a place to find friends online, A good online community in Chinese. The kind of site where you create a username, upload pictures, have your own guestbook, make blogs, find friends etc etc. Thoose of you from Sweden will know what kind I mean (lunarstorm, playahead etc)

Thank you in advance !!!

Are there any specific geographical areas / interests? The trouble is that the 'general' forums for China get (for obvious reasons) absolutely massive and overwhelming very quickly.

Without any further info, I'd say check out a social networking site like Douban.com - kind of like Flickr for books in Chinese - which has a clean interface and group discussions on a range of topics - there's one for Wudaokou residents for example.