Chinese-Forums

downloading CCTV - a warning!

赫杰

Hey guys,

I don't if anyone else has noticed this, I just tried to download some cctv programs from cctv.com, and apparently since the 18th of June, they have switched the formats from .wmv to an actual .shtml page...(note: I have only check with 3 downloadable programs) which means to the best of my knowledge there is no way for the user to download the actual program to the hard drive, which obviously means you now have to be online and deal with buffering in order to watch the program...which I think sucks ass.

So this is just a head's up: all programs up to the 18th of June are still available to download, so if you want to be able to save these various programs to your hard drive then you want to start collecting right now. Thankfully, programs such as 焦点访谈 are catagorized as far as three months back, but after the next three months, maybe two even, I reckon you wont be able to download any programs from cctv...:cry:

if interested then do 抓紧时间

J

Edit: it seems that programs such as 焦点访谈 date back as far as april...of 2004...but it seems that i cannot download these old programs...well anyway, happy hunting

No worries, there's an easy way to get around this. When the shtml page has loaded up, view the page source. Then do a search for mms://

(alternatively you could search for .wmv)

This will provide you with a link to the actual media stream on their server. You can then download this stream in your stream-downloader of choice :mrgreen: I use SDP.

Thanks for that imron! I really appreciate it! I don't know why I did not think of that one, guess I am a little out of practice in the IT area. I use SDP all the time too, I will try this out later.

Well, I spent yesterday downloading a half of gig of 焦点访谈, I am sure this will save me a lot of time. Thanks again!

J