Chinese-Forums

Can you read this?

nathan b

I'm not sure what it is, chinese or what. What other language has characters? Its a tatto I already have. It was on a laminated 14 x 11 card with all different characters. I don't know why someone would makeup characters for the sake of selling them but do them all wrong.

Thank you all who replied. Yes it is an artistic rendering. On my arm the girl did a really bad job but it still means alot to me. This picture is what I did with the shape of the character. I was hoping this was the symbol that means "music". If you look close you can see I have spelled the word "hallucinate" going down.

562_thumb.attach

This purple picture doesn't look anything like a Chinese character, but contrary to most mangled characters you could have this as a tattoo without anyone laughing at you. It looks nice, artistic.

...you probably have cause for a lawsuit.

Come on. The tattoo artist is responsible for transferring the image from paper to skin, the person getting the tattoo is responsible for the content. I know, I know, a lot of tattoo artists commit serious errors when it comes to Chinese characters, but it seems that in most cases, the person getting the tattoo does not really care. The tattoo could read "fried dumplings" and it would still be considered cool by his/her peers (who also lack the knowledge or simply aren't interested in the real meaning).

Different strokes for different folks, huh? :lol:

It is suposed to mean "TO PLAY MUSIC"
I was hoping this was the symbol that means "music".

I think I understand what's going on here. Someone has told nathan b. that the symbol 弹 means "to play music", so he's taken the 单 part off, thinking it means "music" (whilst, presumably, he thinks 弓 means "to play").