Chinese-Forums

hostels in or near wudaokou, beijing?

arakay

Hey everyone--

I'm currently studying at Tsinghua, and some friends are coming to Beijing for a few days to visit. They want to stay as close to Tsinghua as they can, but also want to stay in a hostel (as opposed to a relatively more expensive hotel); however, all the hostels I've been able to find by searching online have been more downtown, mostly near Tiananmen.

Anyone know of any hostels in or near the Wudaokou area?

Thanks!!

Kara

There's a hostel at Hua Qing Jia Yuan a few doors down from Propaganda, but when I tried to stay there last summer, they weren't allowing foreigners in. A year or two before that, they were, and it was about 120 rmb per night for a double.

I did stay at the hostel in april for about 180 yuan a night. I don't think there is restriction for foreigners as my partner produced australian passport. Having said that I asked my beijing friend to get reservation as the reception there can't speak english at all.

i just stayed in liudaokou not far from linyedaxue for 70rmb/night. it cost this much (expensive) because it was only 1 week i was paying. if you have the time to walk around, you can find heaps of similarly priced places in the area. (that's what i did the day I arrived!!)

I stayed at the hotel that peter described In august last year before I got an apartment. It's nothing fancy but decent enough to crash while your looking for something else or just to stay a few days. It's close to the light rail, resturants, BLCU propaganda:roll: and so on.

There were even rooms for less than a hundred a night if you could handle a "hallway wc".