Chinese-Forums

Webpage or tool to send Hanzi-short messages to China?

diff

Hi,

I've been searching for quite a while now for a webpage or some tool to send short messages (SMS) in Hanzi to China (China Mobile and/or China Unicom). I've found one which even could be used with a Thunderbird-Plugin but was a little little expensive @ 20c/SMS, considering the prices for short messages in China.

Does anyone know of another homepage? Free would be nice but I would have no problem paying something appropriate if I knew that the messages can actually get through. :D

Best regards,

diff

Can you link to the one you found? I might settle for that, although free would be better. Been looking for a long time also, but haven't bothered to ask around so maybe my own fault.:oops:

SkypeSMS is pretty good, been trying it out over the last couple of days - seems to be reliable - I can SMS to China for 3.1 pence (obviously I'm in China so it's just easier to send a normal SMS though) and to the UK for 5.6p. Just tested it with Chinese characters and it worked fine.

I haven't been able to get it to work for me. Also, I want to be able to receive msgs. I am iin China too. Just upgraded skype again--maybe that'll help but it wasn't working for me as of a while ago.

(My cell phone won't handle hanzi anyway)

Any other tools?