Chinese-Forums

What I paid . . . . . . Price Checks Here

self-taught-mba

The shop ladies pointed to a sign on the wall saying that there was no bargaining there. So I walked off, . . . Did get a bit off the price that way, but not much, and they were not happy about it at all.

exactly! good job! Or like I tell them, if you don't want customers bargaining--don't overcharge!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ok obviously the code was meant to be in the body--still didn't get the part about not included in the reply. But Hero Doug is right about spacing. Good idea Hero.

Yeah, it was meant for the body, as you can see in this picture the title details appear, and the body details appear as well.

But in this picture, which is from the "Post a Reply" screen, only the body details appear, the title isn't shown. So, if I need to reference a title price somewhere in the thread, I need to go back to the origional post.

600_thumb.attach

601_thumb.attach

Very good Hero. Now it is clear. What through me off was you said php code--didn't know that is also html. right? don't laugh please(sh) I am not much of a techie.

ok so let's use Hero's suggestion

If you want to make it an easy to use resource, you might want to just edit reported prices into your first post - that way people can see the concrete info at a glance, without any discussion getting in the way.

Incidentally, a few useful sites for price checking before you go shopping.

Joyo.com

Dangdang.com

Zol.com.cn

Those are the three I tend to use.

I used PHP code because it was the only option that allows posting of the forum code for Bold.

Also, about the conversation clutter, maybe you could start a new thread and toss in all the current price checks; delete this thread, and any post in the new thread that isn't a price check to avoid clutter.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about a DSLR since my last camera died on me...

the contenders are Sony alpha100, canon 400d and others in the same price range. Nikon D80 is a little too expensive. I found alpha for about 6500rmb with a lens? says (套机) is that with a bundled lens?

Well question is basicly weather anyone has bought a DSLR in BJ lately and could recommend a good place to buy them...

ha ha, just joking. :)

No, I got a Palm TX in September for $HK1780. At a little shop called Device Company, 1st floor, Wan Chai Computer City, HK. The chains sell it for around 2400-2600.

512mb Toshiba SD HK$150 (could have been a little cheaper). 1GB Toshiba portable flash memory stick thing, about the same price - both in nearby store to the one above.

To Karma Kid thinking about the dSLR, the sony Alpha was starting at about 7000 HK in Mong Kok (not that I shopped around, or at all, I asked out of interest in a reputable store though). I am sure you know that it has the Minolta Dynax/Maxxum lens mount which means all AF minolta lenses since 1986 will fit on it. Some of them are very good - they go second hand for considerably less than the equivalent Nikon or Canon lenses and are generally just as good (ie, the consumer level Minoltas are as good as the Nik/Can consumer ones, and the pro-quality M are as good as comparable N or C). Worth knowing if you plan to build an slr system.

I am sure you know but it came to mind as I write, so there you have it.

And the Rolex? I tried to tell an English woman she was getting massively stiffed at that price - but some people just don't want to be told!

Apparently the average going rate up there for an hour of mandarin tutoring with a college student whose major is English and who may already be teaching it to others. I paid 30 in Beijing for an hour and a half with a girl with a Master's who was teaching folks at Motorola in Beijing... she's now in the UK in an MBA program. :)

~Amanda

• 9 months later...