Chinese-Forums

"internet hub/router" in chinese + cost

onebir

I've got one of these, ordered from that site - can't remember what it cost when I got it, but it's at 245Y now. That will give you wireless and four LAN ports, plus the WAN port to go to your ADSL modem. I only use the wireless, and my desktop, laptop and palmtop all connect fine. My desktop and laptop wireless cards are from the same range, but any should work fine.

(Wireless) Router is (无线)路由器. You might not need wireless though.

Bought a lu4 you2 qi4 for 145 kuai wired with 8 kou3s. Didn't know characters for it of course. :mrgreen:

The challenge was setting that sucker up!!! All things in Chinese--AAAHHHHHHH. Even some Chinese people tried and failed. They knew every character but didn't know what it meant sometime--geek terms I guess. Keep that in mind

If you need to configure the router itself at all, that's likely to be in Chinese - I had to do this to get the router to dial the ADSL connection itself, rather than have the computer dial it via the router.

the set up phase is not that bad. just get an "international brand name' like Dlink, Netgear or Linksys and download the english language manual form their websites.

The information required is pretty much the same. That's what i did for my dlink

Many modern routers also allow you to update the firmware.

Just download the English language version of it from the manufacturer's webpage. Of course, you'll need to know which options to click on to update the firmware so you'll still need to download the manual.